Everyday, VR technology becomes more of a household name. Despite the fact that its products now have no more than 1% of the total game development outsourcing market, we see new, higher usability devices hitting the market. If you want an example, look at Razer and FOVE. Moreover, there is nothing to prevent ‘established’ names like Oculus Rift and HTC Vive 2 from offering new generation augmented reality & virtual reality technology soon. This, in turn, inevitably cuts costs, provides higher usability, and excites minds with outstanding immersive experiences. That means, more prospects are open to VR gaming and gambling, and someone needs to fill this industry gap asap.
Game outsourcing prospects are more or less clear: virtual reality products already exist and evolve despite current hefty costs and device imperfections. As for the gambling industry, according to Doug Dyer, Innovecs VP of Gaming, “This tech [VR] will become handy and comfortable to be used for virtual casino travel or to play slots.” Recent trends show the goal of virtual reality & augmented reality is to run applications on high usability devices with prices comparable to the smartphone’s cost. In this case, these companies are predicted to dominate an industry that is already working on their virtual reality products and developments.
What will you find inside
- Future of VR in gaming & gambling industry. Does virtual reality have a future, or is it just hype? Look at the purchase statistics and a poll to see what customers really need from VR.
- Implementation issues of gambling in VR. What does VR have to do with gambling? It seems these two are too different. However, experts claim VR can attract the younger generation to gambling.
- Games and gambling to dominate VR. Games are known as the key to opening up new technology boundaries. With this expansion, new application forms should appear and change the game development world.
- The User Base and Financial Stance. Thinking of outsourcing game development? Get to know your products’ users as well as the financial aspects of building an application via stats and charts.
- Beyond the gaming hype. What is the driving force behind the VR outsourcing market and are there real chances for virtual & augmented reality to shine? Read about why Playstation VR is to become mainstream.
Want to know more? Immerse in VR development while reading this paper.